gibberish folders and files after erasing unused disk space

cjthelder

I am using Eraser 6.2.0.2940. I use Eraser mainly to wipe unused disk space. Every once in a while I notice folders such as B!qp5~(2KZs[ev0Ht, containing a single file named q}jYl'h,(,fP4VZK88 (but >221 mb in size). Other examples of folders and files are 'InSJ4gm,Cty]40UdH with about 250 files in it and ixh-ybHg3}NP'+AI,5 with over 1500 similarly strangely named files in it. The individual files, no matter how many, are always very large. I cannot believe these are anything other than the remains from having run Eraser, and I think these can all be deleted, right? But why do they remain after eraser has finished wiping unused space? Is there a way to prevent it from happening? Because, they end up on my external backup hard drive and ultimately on my online backup. Thanks in advance.

Re: gibberish folders and files after erasing unused disk sp

This post was made just before yours and I also have these gibberish folders with files in them. They're some of the folders left after I tried to erase an entire disk. But, mine aren't all nonsense names, many are the original folder names.

I'm using the latest version, which was released over a year ago. I would have thought any issues with it would have been worked out a long time ago.

Re: gibberish folders and files after erasing unused disk sp

It is ok to delete those folders and files, though, isn't it?

Back