great program

A

Anonymous

hi: what does blanking mean, how can you exit from doss if you want to get out, i tried esc, nothing happened, what if you just turn off your pc, and try that, would that hurt your computer?

I have xp and 7 rounds and 7 passes took 32 hours. it sure does clean the computer.

thanks

hi: what does blanking mean,
This means that DBAN is running the final pass and filling the disk with zeros.

how can you exit from doss if you want to get out
You can't because DBAN doesn't use DOS. (DBAN uses Linux.)

what if you just turn off your pc, and try that, would that hurt your computer?
You can safely turn off the computer while DBAN is running.

hey

HI:

THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EMAIL, AND YOUR ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS, I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION, I USE WINDOWS XP, AND I THINK I READ WHERE YOU SAID, IT DOES NOT COMPLETELY ERASE FILES, AND ONE CAN STILL READ IF ONE REMOVES THE ZEROS, IF THAT BE THE CASE, WHATS THE PURPOSE IN USEING ERASER, I HOPE I AM WRONG, I THINK YOU HAVE A GREAT PROGRAM, I HAVE USED YOUR PROGRAM SINSE THE BEGINNING OF ITS CREATION ::)

CYAAAAA

THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EMAIL
I doubt that we have had an e-mail conversation because my spam filter blocks messages that are written in caps. If I am mistaken, then you should register the 'anypandy' handle.

I THINK I READ WHERE YOU SAID, IT DOES NOT COMPLETELY ERASE FILES
DBAN erases files because it erases the entire disk. DBAN is not aware of individual files however, it just overwrites everything on the disk.

AND ONE CAN STILL READ IF ONE REMOVES THE ZEROS
There is no easy way to just "remove the zeros" after they have been written to the hard disk.

IF THAT BE THE CASE, WHATS THE PURPOSE IN USEING ERASER, I HOPE I AM WRONG
Note that DBAN and Eraser are separate products.

it is simple, im am 90 years old, and i use caps so i can read better, think before you speak next time!!

^huh? what are you talking about? The guy was replying to what you said.

You said:
"THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EMAIL"

and he said:
"I doubt that we have had an e-mail conversation because my spam filter blocks messages that are written in caps."

he basically said that he dobuts that he had spoken to you because you type in caps and he blocks emails that have caps. He wasn't saying anything bad because you typed in caps...only that he had doubts that he was talking to you.

so I wouldn't really be the one who's saying "think before you speak next time!!"....would I?? no I would not... :roll:

Back