Help with On Demand Tasks

luke777

I am a relatively new Eraser user and have installed build 5.8.7 on a Dell Inspiron 1420 with a Windows Vista Home Premium OS. My preference is not to schedule erasing tasks to be run automatically, but rather to keep certain tasks in the "On Demand" window and run them manually when I prefer. I cannot seem to configure the program to do this. No matter how I set the properties and preferences, each time I reboot the system the tasks run automatically on startup and I also get a large window entitled "No Data to Erase" with a red "X" and a bunch of data.

Can someone explain to me how I do this? Again -- I just want to keep some tasks in the On Demand window that I can run manually -- I do not want the program to erase anything or task windows to appear on startup or reboot.

Thanks in advance.

Could you send me a screenshot of the window with the large X and the error?

I think what you are trying to accomplish will be this:
  1. Switch to the On-Demand task view (click on the toolbar on the left)
  2. Create a new task (right click blank space; New Task)
  3. Check Keep task on the List
  4. Do your task settings
  5. Click OK

That should give you a task that appears always on your list.

Joel

That is exactly what I am trying to accomplish and that is how I tried to do it. For some reason though, on every reboot the selected files would be erased, even after I deleted the tasks. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but the same files would be deleted on reboot, even before any tasks were created. Finally I uninstalled, ran a registry cleaner, then did a system restore to a few days earlier and reinstalled Eraser. Now everything seems to work fine with the program. I will let it run for a few days to make sure and post again if there are problems -- sorry I have no screenshot of the window you requested but I will save it if it reappers. Thank you for your reply.

Back