Icon Problem

Odd problem. Is View - toolbar enabled? If it is and there are no icons, if you have the program Resource Hacker then you can open up eraser.exe in it and then have a look at the item under Bitmap - 128 - 1033, as that is the resource for the toolbar icon bitmap.

I might also note that whilst it's nice that we have the original icons back for the toolbar, the only problem with it is the background for the icons is no longer transparent and instead you get this constant grey background no matter which colour scheme or theme you have Windows running at the time.

dhucul8 are you aware that the icons are now greyed out, until the come into play doing a particular function.

ie if you have no task selected the "run" is greyed out. Make a task, then highlight it, and "run" will come to life.

The previous icons had the wrong yellow hints beside each of them.
This has been fixed.

Regards,
Finola

This has been fixed.

Regards,
Finola

admin said:
This has been fixed.

Regards,
Finola

On v5.6 the Tooltips (yellow hints if that's what you mean) were actually in the correct "position", the respective picture (or icon) for the relevant function was not, so yes they have been bought back into sychronicity with v5.7.

However... the original point I was making is that whilst they are now in alignment, the actual icons themsleves have a constant grey background, whereas previously on the toolbar the background was transparent. As for the icons being "greyed out" that one of the Guest posters has mentioned, I don't see that, so maybe this is an odd quirk with Windows XP or something. I changed the colour scheme to something other than grey coloured 3D objects, and the grey background on the icons remained.

Any thoughts on this Garrett?

yes, greyed out

Thanks for all your responses. Yes it turns out the icons were greyed out until that particular item came into use. :)

Told Ya :wink:

Glad it's sorted.....I am actually a registered user, but since the change to the new forum hosting software can't login theses days :(

Anonymous said:
Told Ya :wink:

Glad it's sorted.....I am actually a registered user, but since the change to the new forum hosting software can't login theses days :(

So why don'tcha just create a new username and profile. Probably takes about five seconds tops. Or does that fall under the category of "just can't be bothered". :wink:

Done Al :)

If you want to, e-mail me and I'll send you a screen shot of my Eraser 5.7 so you can see the icons when a task is selected, and one when it isn't, so you can compare to yours....

omegac752 said:
Done Al :)

If you want to, e-mail me and I'll send you a screen shot of my Eraser 5.7 so you can see the icons when a task is selected, and one when it isn't, so you can compare to yours....

Thanks, but there shouldn't be any need for that as I have an idea as to how it should be. Icons which are grey to start with, but when you pass the cursor over them they become coloured.

In other words another cosmetic enhancement which doesn't necessarily make the program more useful or functional. :wink:

Back