Its not working

eraserfan1

I Picked to erase unused space. I ran it over night although it told me the time it was going to take was 55 mins. I woke up and it had a list of files that said failed.

Im running the newest version and windows xp home.

PS If I ran the nuke boot disk would i run into the same problems?

eraserfan1 said:
I Picked to erase unused space. I ran it over night although it told me the time it was going to take was 55 mins. I woke up and it had a list of files that said failed.

Im running the newest version and windows xp home.

PS If I ran the nuke boot disk would i run into the same problems?
it depends on what you mean by some files failed. Were you doing a cluster tips wipe in addition to a free space wipe? The default option is to do this. If so, then you should have got a report showing that perhaps a few thousand files couldn't be wiped. If so, this is normal. It was trying to wipe the space that those files have as unallocated (or to be more exact, the space between the size of those files and the space Windows has allocated to those files, which is always bigger), but the files are locked by Windows. They are files that are running and therefore can't be touched.

By the way, don't run the nuke disk - you won't have an operating system left! It wipes everything on the hard drive, not just free space...

Back