Log from Eraser

ertech

Hello everyone and thanks for helping in advance ;)

I am a system administrator in a company engaged in financial area.

By company policies, We use Eraser to make the process of securely erase our files, but also required logs each file is deleted.

How I can set this in the eraser program?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

PD: yes, I used Google Translate, excuse me if this post is not understandable, I hope so.

ertech said:
Nobody knows?
Give us a chance!

Sadly, Eraser 6 only logs errors and information messages. I have suggested to Joel that logging actual erasing, which was in Eraser 5, should also be, in some form, in Eraser 6. I don't think that this isexplicitly agreed in the TRAC task list, however.

David

DavidHB said:
ertech said:
Nobody knows?
Give us a chance!

Sadly, Eraser 6 only logs errors and information messages. I have suggested to Joel that logging actual erasing, which was in Eraser 5, should also be, in some form, in Eraser 6. I don't think that this isexplicitly agreed in the TRAC task list, however.

David

Thanks for reply!

So, do you recommend me to use eraser 5 to solve this situation? I need a secure wipe software that can Log everything that is erased.

Thanks again

If you have to have the erasures logged, Eraser 5.8.8, available from the Eraser downloads page on Source Forge, is currently your only option. There is a portable version you can run from a flash drive. It is some time since I used Eraser 5, but I think you may have to copy and paste from the log into a text file.

David

DavidHB said:
If you have to have the erasures logged, Eraser 5.8.8, available from the Eraser downloads page on Source Forge, is currently your only option. There is a portable version you can run from a flash drive. It is some time since I used Eraser 5, but I think you may have to copy and paste from the log into a text file.

David

Thanks for helping me, I installed Erase 5.7 and, indeed, leave logs and can save them in txt format, but the log is very poor in information and does not show me paths, filenames and dates of erased files and thats what we need. Thank you very much again for taking the time to respond.

I Will seek a different option according to our needs.

;)

If you are using a version of Windows prior to XP, you will need to use 5.7. Otherwise, I'd recommend trying 5.8.8 portable, which, if memory serves, did show at least some path information in its log.

David

If you are using a version of Windows prior to XP, you will need to use 5.7. Otherwise, I'd recommend trying 5.8.8 portable, which, if memory serves, did show at least some path information in its log.

David
I have downloaded 5.8.8 portable from sourceforge and tried it, unfortunately the logging is pretty much useless - it is more of a statistic

Attachments

• eraserlog.txt
    192 bytes · Views: 1
Back