Loosing Hard Drive Space

A

Anonymous

Why is it that, everytime i erase something, the space on my hard drive is taken up, half the time when i erase, its to free up space, so why am i loosing space, i end up loosing more space, than the size of the file that is being deleted, how do i get my Hard Drive space back? :?:

It could be that either Eraser was terminated abnormally or the system crashed causing the temporary files to be lodged there and the temp Folder (~ERAFSWD.TMP) may have used up your diskspace. You can remove the folder “~ERAFSWD.TMP” and all the files in it to reclaim the disk space.
How to find the ~ERAFSWD.TMP Folder to erase it:
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Click on View->Options and Show Hidden Files.
Run a Find.
3. If found Erase it.
If you wish to use the command prompt you can type “deltree X:\~ERAFSWD.TMP”, where X is the drive letter

If that is not successful, then:
1. Run ScanDisk.
2. Using File Finder in Windows, look for files that were changed around the date/time you ran Eraser. This may find it.
3. Erase it.

Regards,

Finola

Lost Freespace to ~ ERAFSWD. TMP

There is a much easier solution to the problem. In eraser preferences uncheck cluster tip wiping option . Select a one pass wiping option and then run Eraser again. It will return all the free space taken up allocated to C:\ ERAFSWD . TMP files. Why does it work?..Beats the hell out of me but it does. Tried the help files solutions and got nowhere via command line.

Back