Lost Hard Drive Space !PLEASE HELP!

JasonFelt

Good evening everyone,

Tonight I ran Eraser's "Erase Unused Disk Space" feature along with the "Erase Cluster Tips" option for the first time. I also used the "Plausible Deniablity" feature to have it overwrite with a few images.

After having it run for several hours on my 580 gig hard drive, it finally finished with a LOT of errors. The main problem, is that I now only have 72 gigs free out of the 111 gigs free I had before running this program!

Can someone please, PLEASE help me to restore my missing 38 gigs of space?!

I read somewhere that it may be that my system didn't delete all of thee temporary files on the erase and I need to delete them manually. I haven't the slightest idea if this is the issue and, if it is, I have no idea how to go about do this.

I am rather unsavvy with computers, so if someone could please give me some step by step solutions? I am begging for help here!

UPDATE:

I have read the forum and the FAQ. There is NO FOLDER in my C drive root menu that is random that I can delete. Nothing that equals the size of my missing 38 gigs. I have found absolutely nothing.

I assume that the root folder is just: Computer -> C drive

By the way, I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I don't know if the fact that I used 3 of my images in the "Plausible Deniability" option is making it so I can't find the random folder or what.

For the love of God, please help!

Back