Move and Erase feature

phaeton

I'm runnings Windows 7, 64 bit version and have downloaded, installed, run and uninstalled Eraser several times. On each instance, it seems that something is not quite right. On my last install I have prblems with the move and erase feature, when clicking on the menu, a submenu should appear offering the option but... nothing happens. Is the feature disabled? Another issue, I have no icon on the traybar to open and select options or scheduler. On the start menu, my only option is the executable so I can't oselect options or scheduler from there either. Am I missing a step or something? The two steps to erase a file seems repetitive and thus, annoying. When erasing a file that has subfolders, it does the job but creates a folder name with garble. Is this what it is supposed to do? The task of erasing has to be repeated several times to get rid of the newly created folders. Hoping that this will continue to be the great and reliable product I have used for many years.

phaeton said:
I'm runnings Windows 7, 64 bit version and have downloaded, installed, run and uninstalled Eraser several times. On each instance, it seems that something is not quite right. On my last install I have prblems with the move and erase feature, when clicking on the menu, a submenu should appear offering the option but... nothing happens.
The erase will proceed in the background -- if you did not disable balloons in the system tray one should appear about its successful addition.

phaeton said:
Another issue, I have no icon on the traybar to open and select options or scheduler. On the start menu, my only option is the executable so I can't oselect options or scheduler from there either.
The program should start on startup and continue running in the background. Does the Task Scheduler screen appear at all?
phaeton said:
The two steps to erase a file seems repetitive and thus, annoying. When erasing a file that has subfolders, it does the job but creates a folder name with garble. Is this what it is supposed to do? The task of erasing has to be repeated several times to get rid of the newly created folders. Hoping that this will continue to be the great and reliable product I have used for many years.
What two steps appear repetitive? What do you mean by erasing files containing subfolders? Where is the garbled folder name created?

Back