Mozilla location bar?

A

Anonymous

Am I right in assuming Eraser cannot be used to clear the Location Bar history in Mozilla v1.7? Many thanks!

I know you can turn off "autocomplete",but how do you not have the location bar logging any sites you have visited? Also,I was wondering if you could erase rather than just clear!

I know you can turn off "autocomplete",but how do you not have the location bar logging any sites you have visited? Also,I was wondering if you could erase rather than just clear!

Ok then. Try this. Tools>>Options>>Privacy>>Saved Form Information - now uncheck the box that says "Save infomation I enter into web page forms and search bar".

For got to say, if you want to erase it use the Eraser scheduler and go to

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Default User

Now select the file called formhistory.dat

You path to this file may also be under Phoenix so it would then be

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Phoenix\Firefox\Profiles\Default User

Forgot to say... again... You should also erase the following files to ensure your privacy after using Firefox.

Cache (folder)
Downloads.rdf
Cookies.txt
Formhistory.dat
History.dat
signons.txt

Next time you start your browser they will all come back so it won't harm your browser.

Maybe you`re talking about Firefox,because I don`t "save form data"but saw no mention of search/ location bar,and my Moz. location bar still logs all typed entries!

Back