New user to Eraser!

fwmillerjr

Hello i am a new user to this program and by far not the best computer guy on the block. Was wondering i formatted a old hard drive that had data on it and it was gone after formatting. Then went to use the eraser to erase unused free space or something like that and after it was done i recieved this error Session: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:46:27 PM
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:46:27 PM Error Access to the path 'D:\System Volume Information' is denied.
Was wondering if anyone knows what steps i have to take to get the rest of the data off the disk that the format didn't take care of? Not really familiar with this program or others like it. Read the help section for it and didn't really understand it at all. Is there a way to tell if the stuff the format didn't get and after the eraser was done running if it's gone?

Which version are you using? Go to Help > About Eraser and let me know the version number you're using.

I do believe that that would still cause the task to run to completion -- doesn't it?

this is the error i get after it is done in the log files when i view it: Session: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:56:59 PM
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:56:59 PM Error D:\System Volume Information did not have its cluster tips erased because of the following error: Access to the path 'D:\System Volume Information' is denied.
I need some help on what to do. Not very computer illiterate. ANy step by step procedure would help out a lot

If you were to look at the progress (when the task is running double click on it) does the status ever go to "Erasing unused space?"

yes it says that in the status bar when i double click on it does that mean all the sensitive information is earsed off the hard drive don't want to sell if it's not working right. Any info would help out a lot!

Then it should be fine.

Back