new user-two questions

jwall

Hello all, new to forum and new Eraser user with two questions. I have searched and am confused on one issue and couldn't find an answer for the other.

1. I want to wipe free space and it's checked, but it also wants to do something to the master file table records, but only for NT and Windows 2000? I have XP SP2 and I read in the help file that it will also do this to XP? Is this safe for XP? I'm just a little hesitant as I tried this with another program a long time ago and it really screwed things up. Need a dinfinitive answer, please.

2. In the recycle bin, there are many choices and I want to use the 3 pass DOD method, but there are two listed. Which one is the 3 pass one?

Thank you.

Hi jwall :)

1. I want to wipe free space and it's checked, but it also wants to do something to the master file table records, but only for NT and Windows 2000? I have XP SP2 and I read in the help file that it will also do this to XP? Is this safe for XP? I'm just a little hesitant as I tried this with another program a long time ago and it really screwed things up. Need a dinfinitive answer, please.

Yes it is safe.

In the recycle bin, there are many choices and I want to use the 3 pass DOD method, but there are two listed. Which one is the 3 pass one?

If you used Eraser 5.86 RC2 the recycle bin options are better explained.

Thanks overwriter. If I use this program, can I install over the one I'm using, or do I have to uninstall, then reinstall the new one?
Bit of a newb here. :)

Personally I always uninstall the previous version of any software before installing a newer version.

Please bear in mind that the link I have provided for you is to a RC version of Eraser. RC means Release Candidate. This means that it is about to go final but may contain minor bugs. To be honest it has had so many improvements that I wouldn’t worry about it.

Back