No uninstall Eraser ver. 4.0

mikemo

I have Eraser ver. 4.0 I can`t uninstall. There is no uninstall.exe anywhere. Believe me, I`ve looked.
I`m looking to update to 5.7 (yep, Win. 98).
What do you suggest?
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Delete the .exe? If it's not in the add/remove programs panel then just delete it.

Joel

I had software that was in add/Remove..that didn't respond when I clicked "Remove", the uninstall was there..just didn't work. I would just delete the program. Don't forget to search the registry for the Heidi Folder :? Was Eraser v4.0 under the Heidi TM name?

Hi Carver

Thank you for those links ! I will check them out they look good !
:D

I have just been using the Regseeker one and so far it seems brilliant !

It always amazes me that people give such good programs away for free, it kind of restores my faith in people ! There are some good guys out there after all ! :lol:

Massively off topic but you seem to know your stuff Carver. I was wondering if you could please tell me how to write a reg delete key ?

I know how to copy a key to notepad and save it as a .reg file so when it is double clicked it enters the key, but what I don’t know is how do you make it so it deletes the key ?

The reason for this is to clean up after using Truecrypt.

Overwriter said:
It always amazes me that people give such good programs away for free, it kind of restores my faith in people ! There are some good guys out there after all ! :lol:
There are pay programs that more than make-up for it, there are some that should never see the light of day so to speak.
I was wondering if you could please tell me how to write a reg delete key ?.
Sorry, I don't know.

Not exactly sure, but IIRC before the key its a - instead of a +.. or something like that. Google should help you.

Hi Joel,

Not exactly sure, but IIRC before the key its a - instead of a +.. or something like that. Google should help you.

Thanks for your help.

I have tried that but it didn’t seem to work for me, when I used Google to find out I kept seeing different ways to do it !!

If I find out I will post back.

That Regseeker program really does seem good !

Sorry reply`s late.

Sorry reply`s late, I`ve been down with massive migraine. I deleted eraser and used "RegSeeker", installed Eraser 5.7, and all is well.
I`m quite impressed with RegSeeker. Have deleted a lot of crap.
Thanks so much for all replies and for pointing to helpful software. You guys are alright.
Thankfully,
mikemo

I have had problems with Regseeker since my last post ! :cry:

It damaged settings in a backup program I have and also took my Diskeeper registration with it !

Overwriter said:
I have had problems with Regseeker since my last post ! :cry:

It damaged settings in a backup program I have
Sorry to here that, you do have to be very carefull.
also took my Diskeeper registration with it !
I use Perfect Disk, never had a problem.

Back