Printing Task Logs

usandpups

Is there a way to print the entire task log?
Also I'm using 6.1.0.1877 and the update list shows 1881 - 1884 & 1889 available, but they won't install. I get the ERROR: "INPUT STRING WAS NOT IN A CORRECT FORMAT"
Any help, Frank

With your installation problem, I suggest you uninstall Eraser and delete all user data (it's in the hidden AppData\Local\Eraser 6 folder of your User folder), then try a reinstall. If that doesn't work, please could you tell us which OS you are using. The issue may be with Windows Installer rather than Eraser as such.

As regards printing the Task Log, you can highlight/select all the entries (click on the first entry, then Shift-End), and then right-click to copy all to the clipboard. Paste into a temporary text file which you can print. Annoyingly, the last line of the selection will not copy; you have to copy and paste that separately.

Hope this helps.

David

The last line does seem to copy fine, see the other thread you brought up.

Joel said:
The last line does seem to copy fine, see the other thread you brought up.
Sorry, Joel. It doesn't copy for me. The following relates to build 1889.

Here's a three line task log, produced by clicking on the first line, shift-clicking on the last line, right-clicking to copy selected entries, then pasting into this post:

Session: 03 March 2010 13:05:27
03 March 2010 13:05:27 Information Session started
03 March 2010 13:05:28 Warning The drive E:\ has System Restore or Volume Shadow Copies enabled. This may allow copies of files stored on the disk to be recovered and pose a security concern.

As you see, the last line is missing.

David

We'll discuss that on the other thread.

@usandpups: I've fixed your problem in today's nightly.

Joel
I'm not sure what this means?

@usandpups: I've fixed your problem in today's nightly.
How do I get the FIX?
Frank

usandpups said:
I'm not sure what this means?
It's addressed to me, I think. Good order and forum discipline.

usandpups said:
How do I get the FIX?
Go to the Eraser Downloads page, and download the latest nightly build (6.1.0.1891 as I write). For regular users, Joel normally recommends builds on the 6.0 branch, but, from the timing, I think the one I have referred to is the one Joel means.

David

Back