Problem launching Eraser 6.0.6.1376

kevand

Hello,

Before I choosed file erasure method 'First/last 16 KB Erasure' everything worked fine.

Now I get an error message saying 'The First/last 16 KB erasure method requires another erasure method to erase the file. This must be set in the Plugin Settings dialog.'. The problem is that as I can't load eraser, I can't go in the Plugin Settings dialog. After the error message, I have another one from Win7 saying 'Eraser stopped working and have 2 options: close the program or debug program'.

I uninstalled many times and ran CCleaner Registry cleaner and jv16 Power Tools 2009, installed it again but I still get this error message.

Do you have any idea of what to do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

--
On viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5843, I found this solution:

Symptom 3: Before the crash an error message stating that "the first/last 16kb erasure method requires another erasure method to erase the file. This must be set in the plugin settings dialog."
Cause 3:You have selected the First/Last 16KB erasure method as the default erasure method. There is no default method for the first/last 16KB erasure method.
Resolution 3: Use the nightly build which has a version r1483 and later.

-> Where do I find r1483 and later?
--

P.-S. Out of topic: I just regret the pop-up windows saying 'done', don't like so much the message near the notification zone, it disappears too quickly. Also the fact that you can no more choose the erasing method when you right click on a file.

Back