Program will not execute even when run as administrator.

BC24

After reading user guide, and running as admin,I still get the following error message.

Session: Saturday, February 05, 2011 10:03:23 AM
Saturday, February 05, 2011 10:03:23 AM Error The program does not have the required permissions to erase the unused space on disk. Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.

Did you stop the running process before re-starting Eraser as Administrator?

David

Sorry to be a pain, but the only cause I know for this is that Eraser is not running elevated. Could I ask you please to list the full sequence of actions. I also assume that the account from which you are running Eraser has administrative privileges.

David

DavidHB said:
Sorry to be a pain, but the only cause I know for this is that Eraser is not running elevated. Could I ask you please to list the full sequence of actions. I also assume that the account from which you are running Eraser has administrative privileges.

David

Run program as administrator-Erase schedule-New Task-Run Manual- Add Data-Select Unused space on an external drive (with erase cluster tips selected)-Eraser Method-US Air Force-Select OK-On main menu right mouse click on new created line and select run now- error appears-

Session: Saturday, February 05, 2011 3:25:56 PM
Saturday, February 05, 2011 3:25:56 PM Error The program does not have the required permissions to erase the unused space on disk. Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.

BC24 said:
DavidHB said:

David

Run program as administrator-Erase schedule-New Task-Run Manual- Add Data-Select Unused space on an external drive (with erase cluster tips selected)-Eraser Method-US Air Force-Select OK-On main menu right mouse click on new created line and select run now- error appears-

Session: Saturday, February 05, 2011 3:25:56 PM
Saturday, February 05, 2011 3:25:56 PM Error The program does not have the required permissions to erase the unused space on disk. Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.

Solved the issue. I turned off the User Account Control to "Never Notify", had to reboot, ran program in Admin, did same as above and program ran correctly.

How odd. If your list of steps is correct, it's surprising that that worked, because you didn't close the running process before re-starting Eraser as Administrator.

David

Back