properly erase

alexandra18

I recently downloaded Eraser and tried to erase my word documents. I right clocked on the file and hit the eraser drop down . I then hit erase now. It now says Queud for execution. When I look at the task it says completed with errors-the error is attempted to access a path that is not on the disc. Is the information wiped clean? It appears to be off the computer?

Could you upload a screenshot - if it has errors then there is an issue. Are these local drives or network connected?

under the tasks it shows- C:\Users\Bill\Desktop\Bill-Documents. When I click the view tasks drop down that's where it says error- attempted to access a path that is not on disk.. Practically speaking all but like 6 documents were removed and then I manually did those one by one. The documents are no longer in the spot they were. Are they therefore gone? thank you.

garrett01 said:
Could you upload a screenshot - if it has errors then there is an issue. Are these local drives or network connected?
under the tasks it shows- C:\Users\Bill\Desktop\Bill-Documents. When I click the view tasks drop down that's where it says error- attempted to access a path that is not on disk.. Practically speaking all but like 6 documents were removed and then I manually did those one by one. The documents are no longer in the spot they were. Are they therefore gone? thank you.

Session: Monday, August 12, 2013 3:14:53 PM
Monday, August 12, 2013 3:14:53 PM Error Attempted to access a path that is not on the disk.

If you empty your recyclebin and then run a freespace erase you should eliminate traces of the files even if they were not erased in the first pass.

Back