Question about Administrator rights

phlyphish

I've searched the forum and can't find the answer to my question, at least not in terms I was able to understand.

Can I run Eraser on a Windows 2000 pc on which I am not the Administrator and which requires me to logon to the network? I assume I can delete/wipe individual files but what about the index.dat and other IE related files that need to be scheduled for erasing at boot up? Can I still do that if I don't have administrator rights on the pc I'm logging on to?

Thanks.

phlyphish said:
Can I run Eraser on a Windows 2000 pc on which I am not the Administrator and which requires me to logon to the network?
Yes, you can use Eraser without Administrator privileges. However, I remember there being a problem with "eraser.exe" insisting on using the same "default.ers" file for all users. This doesn't matter if you only use the shell extension though.

what about the index.dat and other IE related files that need to be scheduled for erasing at boot up?
I'm not sure about that, but an easier solution would be not to use Internet Explorer, if at all possible.

Back