Questions for Eraser v5.7

A

Anonymous

I have a 80gig hard drive that has four partitions.
c: windows
d: for saving media files as recorded
e: storing media files
f: used for backup images

In the past formating d: would go ok but looking at that partition with a undelete program. I would see many files that had been there since the last format or many formats previous formatings.

I have no sensitive data on the partitions but needing to clean the d: partition so that data gets stored more efficiantly with less disk activity like it was a little while back.

At the moment the partition seems to have more drive activity than it should have. But is still in A1 working order and verified with manufacture diagnosis tools.

I would like to know, what would be the fastest way to completly erase the deleted data so that the drive is pure clean and good for usage. But don't want it to do anything to any of the other partitions.

1 What would the best way and method be ?

2 Can this software be trusted to ignore all the other partitions and data within them ?

3 The d: partion is about 30gig how long would this take approx ?

In future using Eraser to delete a media file/s of say 2 to 6gig.

4 Would it be safe with having other media files in the same partition. While the files are not sensitive, i would still not like to lose any files with using Eraser to delete when needed.

System is Windows xp with service pack one

TIA for help with these questions.

I have no sensitive data on the partitions but needing to clean the d: partition so that data gets stored more efficiantly with less disk activity like it was a little while back.

Since the partition dosn't contain "sensitive data", just delete the files you don't need and defrag the drive.

How to Defragment Your Disk Drive Volumes in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;314848

Back