Recycle Bin Context Menu Fix

Sentinel

I recently had trouble with the bug where the recycle bin menu items are left behind after the uninstall. I corrected the problem with some registry edits and I thought I would share them since I did not see any suggestions on the forums.

DISCLAIMER: Editing your registry can be a dangerous activity and should only be undertaken by informed and prepared users with a sufficient knowledge and skill. Removing the wrong entries can cause your computer to be unable to boot or worse. I do not take any responsibility in this matter and I cannot provide any support if you destroy your system. I highly recommend backing up your registry completely before attempting any changes. You've been sufficiently warned so for the professional, the brave of heart, or the people so annoyed by the menu items they must carry on...

NOTE!: These instructions were performed on Windows XP Professional SP2. Other verisons of Windows have not been tested.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Open Regedit

Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell
You should find 7 entries of Erasext (They will be numbered to 7)
Delete these entries.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell\Erasext
Delete the folder named Erasext

Close Regedit
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If you right click your recycle bin you will no longer see the context items.

Good luck!

Sentinel

Back