Recycle Bin question

optimabrands

Hi,

I want to know when I open Eraser and go to add data then set

Target type: Recycle Bin

Is that mean that I am going to delete Recycle bin permamently or what?

Thanks

Yes, the target is the data you want to erase.

The data is not actually erased until the task is run. You can do that by right-clicking the task and select Run Task, or Ctrl-Alt-R on the selected task.

Joel said:
Yes, the target is the data you want to erase.

The data is not actually erased until the task is run. You can do that by right-clicking the task and select Run Task, or Ctrl-Alt-R on the selected task.

So if I click to erase, Target: Recycle Bin, it will erase my recycle bin permamently or unused space in recycle bin?

Thanks

There is no such thing as "unused space in the recycle bin." The recycle bin stores files which you want to delete. Emptying the recycle bin deletes those files for real.

Erasing the recycle bin erases the files, instead of deleting them.

Joel said:
There is no such thing as "unused space in the recycle bin." The recycle bin stores files which you want to delete. Emptying the recycle bin deletes those files for real.

Erasing the recycle bin erases the files, instead of deleting them.

So there is no need to erase recycle bin becuse files deleted from recycle bin can`t be recovered with some kind of program for recover?

Files deleting from the recycle bin will act like files deleted anywhere else, that scanning the empty space of the disk will reveal what the contents were. You'll still have to erase the files even if they went to the recycle bin if you want their contents to be irrecoverable.

Joel said:
Files deleting from the recycle bin will act like files deleted anywhere else, that scanning the empty space of the disk will reveal what the contents were. You'll still have to erase the files even if they went to the recycle bin if you want their contents to be irrecoverable.

Ok,
how can I erase the files (with Eraser) what are already deleted from recycle bin (with empty the recycle bin)?

Use an Unused Space Erase. I think the documentation details the steps required quite well.

Back