Remove Erase Recycle Bin feature

Curt

Could you add an option in Eraser to uncheck the feature "Erase Recycle Bin" from the right-click option of the Recycle Bin? I find it's in the way so I am going into my Recycle Bin and clicking "Empty the Recycle Bin" instead of right-clicking and selecting "Empty Recycle Bin." I never use the "Erase Recycle Bin" feature.

Curt said:
Could you add an option in Eraser to uncheck the feature "Erase Recycle Bin" from the right-click option of the Recycle Bin? I find it's in the way so I am going into my Recycle Bin and clicking "Empty the Recycle Bin" instead of right-clicking and selecting "Empty Recycle Bin." I never use the "Erase Recycle Bin" feature.

In the meantime whilst you're waiting for that feature to be implemented (btw, how's the toolbar going there Garrett :wink: ), you can manually remove the Recycle Bin extension by going to this key in the registry, and deleting it:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell\Erasext\

Curt said:
In the meantime whilst you're waiting for that feature to be implemented (btw, how's the toolbar going there Garrett :wink: ), you can manually remove the Recycle Bin extension by going to this key in the registry, and deleting it:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell\Erasext\

Perfect. Thanks for the tip. I find that option dangerously close to the "empty recyling bin" option.

Also I second this feature request... better yet I am sure there is a feature request section on this website one could submit this too.

Me, i want the reverse...

How can I use always "Erase recycled bin" and delete the traditional option "Empty recycle bin"... How is it possible to replace the del button to have eraser and not the traditional delete dialolg box of windows ?

Thank you.

It's not possible with the present version of Eraser and it's something we would rather not do. Others like to have the regular delete option so it's difficult to satisfy all. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Regards,

Finola

Back