mooring

I am using Version 6.0.6 with both Windows XP and Windows 7. Upon completion of Erasing a rather large directory, I get "Completed with Errors" in the Status box of the Erase Schedule Screen. I don't see the directories any more; can I assume they were erased correctly? I was using Gutmann 35 pass method.

Also, i get the similar message in Windows 7 when I try to erase unused disk space--in fact I get that message right away, so I'm sure it's not erasing the unused space. I also have that Windows 7 security icon in the Erase Unused menu option and it Windows prompts me about a program accessing my system, do I want to continue.

These actions were all with a USB portable hard drive.

Thank you.

Here is one of the task logs:

Session: Saturday, January 16, 2010 4:14:49 AM
Saturday, January 16, 2010 5:51:12 AM Error The process cannot access the file 'N:\Binaries\Y~~Zn_JLKZuKlg8ztUZKwxOoAc~u48qPj[jK1gNGsTYt,F5\' because it is being used by another process.

That error should be fixed in the next version of Eraser released (hopefully, by March)

The Windows 7 security icon in the Erase Unused menu option and Windows prompting you about a program accessing my system is normal for the Erase Unused Space option. Eraser must also be running as an administrator at that point.

The file would have been erased, you just need to manually delete the resulting ghost file.

Back