Trouble Burning CD-R

jamesrwrightiii

I am having trouble burning the CR-R Version. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I downloaded a couple of programs that would enable me to burn the ISO image. However, when I "browse" the hard drive and look in the folder where the image is located, it doesn't recognize it with the programs..

I have to go to the "view all files" option and then when I burn the image, DBAN_1_0_6_I386.IMA, I get a non-usable CD. What am I doing wrong?

Go to the DBAN home page and download the "CD-R/CD-RW version".

You cannot burn the IMA file. You must burn the ISO file as an image without changing it.

That is the problem!

I am downloading the cd version and I can't get it to work no matter how many times I download it. I thought maybe the mirror was bad.

Here is where I am downloading it from.
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dban ... o?download

The file is around 1944K so it isn't the floppy version.
When I open it up I get a total of 10 files/Folders

Folders Listing
Config
Documentation
Licenses

Files Listing:
Boot Catalog
DBAN_1_0_6_I386.IMA
Changelog.txt
Notes
Readme
Winimage.url

I am not sure what I am doing wrong:( I am downloading the correct file. My laptop doesn't have a floppy drive to make a floppy version or else I would try that out.

Dear Support person can you simply e-mail me the correct image?
Please get back to me.

Jim

You have the right file, just burn it. Look for a menu option that says "burn".

Past that, read the documentation for your burning software or contact the vendor for support.

ISO files are like a snapshot of a CD or DVD. Don't try to open the ISO, it has to stay as a whole image. If you are using Nero 6, select Recorder, Burn Image. Point Nero to the ISO and it will burn the contents of the ISO to the CD. Don't use the wizard for making an ISO CD, as that is a different critter.

In Roxio, open Creator Classic, go to File, Burn from Disk Image File. Point it to the ISO and it will create it.

jamesrwrightiii said:
That is the problem!

I am downloading the cd version and I can't get it to work no matter how many times I download it. I thought maybe the mirror was bad.

Here is where I am downloading it from.
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dban ... o?download

The file is around 1944K so it isn't the floppy version.
When I open it up I get a total of 10 files/Folders

Folders Listing
Config
Documentation
Licenses

Files Listing:
Boot Catalog
DBAN_1_0_6_I386.IMA
Changelog.txt
Notes
Readme
Winimage.url

I am not sure what I am doing wrong:( I am downloading the correct file. My laptop doesn't have a floppy drive to make a floppy version or else I would try that out.

Dear Support person can you simply e-mail me the correct image?
Please get back to me.

Jim

I downloaded the .iso from major geeks and when I burned it to the Dick it shows all files you have listed on the disk...my opinion just burn al to the disk that you have and should work. If not use this link Darik's Boot and Nuke it is what directed ne to mine...good luck.

Back