Usage without installation ?

summi

Hi,

my question: will eraser work without installation, just by copying the files ?

-> i have copied the installed files to an other pc, and after copying the eraser.dll into the program directory the eraser program started without problems or error messages.

but i don´t know if eraser is working correctly...

Reason: I want to use Eraser on my office pc, but i have no admin rights to install it by using the setup file

thanx for your help,
summi

Please consider that if the computer is your employer's property and they have not given you administrative rights, you probably shouldn't be installing software through the back door.

Depending on company policy and/or employment regulations in your jurisdiction, you may be exposing yourself to disciplinary action (possibly termination).

Glenn said:
Please consider that if the computer is your employer's property and they have not given you administrative rights, you probably shouldn't be installing software through the back door.

Depending on company policy and/or employment regulations in your jurisdiction, you may be exposing yourself to disciplinary action (possibly termination).
Indeed. The OP should consider his useage of the internet at work that makes him wish to use Eraser. The simple thing is, at work, don't do something that you would wish to erase...

Back