V6 options? and V6.1.0.2154?

davekleiman

Hello,

Did V6 lose the option to create your own erase patterns?

I have a Eraser V6.1.0.2154 that is from May 2010, yet the website shows V6.0.8 is the latest version released in Nov 2010, when I try to install v6.0.8 it says newer version already installed. Where did the V6.1.0.2154 come from?

Respectfully - Dave Kleiman

davekleiman said:
Did V6 lose the option to create your own erase patterns?
No. The procedure for creating custom erasing methods, including erasing patterns, is described on page 15 of the Eraser manual.

davekleiman said:
I have a Eraser V6.1.0.2154 that is from May 2010, yet the website shows V6.0.8 is the latest version released in Nov 2010, when I try to install v6.0.8 it says newer version already installed. Where did the V6.1.0.2154 come from?
The 6.1 beta standard builds (which have some features that are not in 6.0.8 ) were available for download until a few weeks ago, when the Eraser site was temporarily taken down after the Heidi server was compromised. It's taking a very long time to put things back as they were.

David

It's a pdf accessed from the Eraser Help menu.

You might also like to read the FAQ sticky topic "Getting to know Eraser 6", which provides some information for users making the transition to Eraser 6. I think that you've picked up a fair bit of it already, but some points may be useful.

David

Back