Where to get this "driver update" to speed up Spri

A

Anonymous

I have read the FAQ for DBAN and under the question for it being slow for Intel Springdale chipsets (which I have), it says should be able to be fixed with a driver update. What drive update would this be and where would I find it? I have never used this program, but I am in a position where I need to do a complete wipe, and discovered this program. Does it affect all springdale chipsets? Does that include v 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 and the beta? I have an Abit IS7 (i865 chipset) if that is needed information. What should I do? Thanks.

If you have a Springdale chipset, then use the beta that is posted as RC1 on the DBAN home page (and please report its performance).

I don't have enough information to say which motherboards perform poorly, just that "Springdale" was the common theme of complaints for several months.

The 2004022400 beta is safe for general use. When the sponsor of this release gives approval, then it will become dban-1.0.3 without changes.

If you are unfamiliar with the innards of Linux, then updating drivers in DBAN will be difficult.

Here are some results from an Asus P4P800 with Springdale chipset.

Using beta.2004022400.

Fujitsu MPG3409AT-E 40GB, quick erase.

Runtime: 55 minutes.
CPU Time: 1%.
Load Averages: 1.00 1.00 1.08
Throughput: 25000 kB/s (at end but varied from 35 to 25 kB/s)
Errors: 0

I am now running the DoD method, will post results of that.

(previous message should have read 35 to 25 MB/s)

Ran the DoD method (7 pass).

Runtime 4 hours 8 minutes.
Same CPU load as before.
Throughput 25000 kB/s.

Looks like DBAN works fine in the Asus P4P800 Springdale board.
Well done Darik.

Back