Why needs Admin right to run Eraser version 6.2.0.2991 after upgrade from version 6.2.0.2982?

codyathome

After I install and upgrade the Eraser from version 6.2.0.2982 to version 6.2.0.2991, when I run the Eraser, It asks for Admin right account. Why? this happens even if I delete the registry in command prompt, like

reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "c:\Program files\Eraser\Eraser.exe" /f
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "c:\Program files\Eraser\Eraser.exe" /f

What else can I do to open Eraser application without Admin right account? Thank all.

Can you try this version and let us know if you have the same issues: https://eraser.heidi.ie/files/Eraser 6.2.0.2992.exe
I downloaded version 6.2.0.2992 but... what the hell! why does it weigh 9 times more than the last version?, the last version 6.2.0.2991 downloaded from SourceForge only has a size of 8.35 MB and this new last version not yet public has a size of 70.6 MB. Why so much difference in size? When version 6.2.0.2992 is released on SourceForge or a new stable version, it will be larger than 50 MB?

Hi Diego F., Reason for increased size: the .net runtime is included.
Eraser Team

Back