Will not let me run on unused space

walela

When Running eraser. I set it up to run on my unused space on my c drive. When i run the task it give me this error. The program does not have the required permissions to erase the unused space on disk. Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation. When I run it as an administrator it gives me the same error. Can some let me know what the fix is?

I am running windows 7, can someone tellmy how I get eraser to run the clean up of all my unused space, eraser constantly tells me I do not have the administrators permission to run cluster fixes,
so how do I get eraser to do my unused clusters, every time I want or need them done? oilpainter.. :(

The messages you are getting are probably about cluster tips. These are not the same thing as whole clusters. Eraser does indeed erase a free space clusters.

Eraser clears all the cluster tips (unused parts of the space allocated to files) it can. But there are literally thousands of files on your System (C:) drive that Eraser (or, indeed any other application) cannot write to, under almost any circumstances. You probably don't need to worry about cluster tips that have not been erased.

David

I try and run the unused disk space, but all I get is the schedule sheet with Not queued and completed with errors coming up immediately after I run the scan. I am running Windows 7 and eraser v6.0.8. Every time I run it it immediately throws up this page. Not had a problem in past with other OS. I am also in administrator mode.

nma_nik said:
I try and run the unused disk space, but all I get is the schedule sheet with Not queued and completed with errors coming up immediately after I run the scan. I am running Windows 7 and eraser v6.0.8. Every time I run it it immediately throws up this page. Not had a problem in past with other OS. I am also in administrator mode.
Assuming you are trying to wipe the free space on Drive C:, the free space erase will always complete 'with errors', and it will do the same most often with other drives as well. You need to look at the task log; if all the 'errors' are about erasing cluster tips, don't worry. This is normal.

Future versions of Eraser will cut back on the reporting of these 'errors', which arise because Windows will not allow the erasing of cluster tips on protected system files, which for most users is actually not a problem.

David

Back