Windows explorer issue

There are a couple of posts in that thread that I thought might be of interest but of which, the problem that is, thee is no mention here.
Yeah, I already tried eraser because it was what I was looking for, (5.8.2) but my Windows Explorer kept locking up with it, I was like, WTH? Is there a way to get 5.7?

and response:
There appears to be an issue with Erasure if this option under General Options is checked. Look to see if you have this option box checked marked.
Edit - Preferences - General
Uncheck Pseudorandom Number Generation
This should stop the lockups in Explorer.

Just pointing out a possible problem FYI.

Longboard said:
There are a couple of posts in that thread that I thought might be of interest but of which, the problem that is, thee is no mention here.
Yeah, I already tried eraser because it was what I was looking for, (5.8.2) but my Windows Explorer kept locking up with it, I was like, WTH? Is there a way to get 5.7?

and response:
There appears to be an issue with Erasure if this option under General Options is checked. Look to see if you have this option box checked marked.
Edit - Preferences - General
Uncheck Pseudorandom Number Generation
This should stop the lockups in Explorer.

Just pointing out a possible problem FYI.
From the 5.83 beta sticky at the top of the forum page:

Posted by Admin
Location: Ireland Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:08 pm Post subject: Eraser 5.83 Beta - New Release 13-Mar-2007

Fixed lots of little issues the main ones being:

*After unchecking all the "Erasing Report" inj the preferences dialog it seems Eraser (v5.8.2) still displays one Erasing Report dialog, this happens after erasing the recylce bin,
*In Windows explorer the key combo alt+f, m which should give you the system option to rename a file is being over ridden by "Eraser Secure Move".
*It would be great to be able to specify the wipe type on scheduled tasks

*given the directories
c:\test1\directory1
c:\test2\directory1
c:\test3\directory1

I would like to be able to delete all 3 "directory1" with one scheduled task entry
*Add support for wildcardss anywhere in the path and not just at the end eg: "c:\*\directory1"
*Implement Bruce Schneier's 7 pass wipe method (from Applied Cryptography) 1 pass all ones 2nd pass all zeros 5 passes with a CSPRN
*The bug in random number generator - rendom entropy polling locking the pc

download from http://www.heidi.ie/download/eraser583Betasetup.exe

WARNING: This is beta software, test in a controlled environment and make sure backups are made and verified, of any data before using.

Last edited by admin on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

For the other Versions there is a WARNING from right in the Eraser FAQ:
PC Freeze
I'm using Eraser on XP and when I right-click on a file or folder, the hour-glass cursor comes up and the computer freezes.
We are looking into this issue but in the meantime you can resolve it by doing the following trying either or both of the following:
Go to Edit->Preferences->General
Turn 'Enable Background (slow) Entropy Polling' off i.e. do not put a tick in this field.
Manually remove the Eraser shell extension registry entries.
Also, if you have Norton Utilities installed, there could be a conflict with that. We suggest you uninstall Norton Utilities/Eraser and re-install the app. without the clean-sweep component.

Back