Cannot install ANY v6.*

Well my hand was forced Saturday morning. It BSOD'd again but I could not reboot into Windows and the Windows 7 repair failed with a 'Bad driver' error. The only thing I could do was reinstall Win7 from scratch (albeit I only reinstalled over the existing partition and not a complete wipe of the hard disk as I had some stuff on it I had not backed up yet).

So I am back to a slightly cleaner OS install. I am not risking installing Eraser of any flavou again until I am sure the system is stable. It may well be a hardware issue as you say as I still have sene some odd error messages in event viewer. However I have spent the day reinstalling lots of software so it might just be due to that.

If it does not crash for a few days I will reinstall Eraser 6 and monitor the situation and let you know.

If Eraser works for you next time, please let us know as well. I know that Joel would like to build up a picture of how the latest release is going. Best wishes for the new installation.

David

Well it crashed on a clean(ish) install of Win7 but after reinstalling over the top of that and doing a BIOS upgrade plus testing my memory, swapping them about and applying some BIOS settings things have been stable thus far. I have just put my CPU back to an overclocked state and ran a stress test. All seems well. So it looks like it was either a bad driver or a hardware issue.

I am waiting for Eraser to be compatible with Total Commander. I am also waiting for Eraser to work on the right click of Recyle Bin (Although that may have been an issue with the previous Win7 install).

Any timetable on the next build to support Total Commander? I use it so much and rarely use Explorer.

Thanks for your efforts.

Deadman said:
I am also waiting for Eraser to work on the right click of Recyle Bin (Although that may have been an issue with the previous Win7 install).
It works fine on my Windows 7 x64 machine.

Deadman said:
Any timetable on the next build to support Total Commander?
Joel has occasionally mentioned a 6.0.8 release, but I don't know the timing for that. Nor, probably, does Joel. I happen to know that there are things in his life at present to which he has to give priority over Eraser.

Drag and drop with Explorer is at present too effective, because there is no confirmation dialogue, which, IMO, is a nasty accident waiting to happen. You might want to check whether context menu Erase works with Total Commander; that might be a safer option.

David

Back