Eraser 5.87-beta 1 Portable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one problem with the latest portable beta... When I right click on a URL (*.url), 'Erase' does not show up in my list of options in the context menu. Bug or normal behavior ?

gbjennings said:
I have one problem with the latest portable beta... When I right click on a URL (*.url), 'Erase' does not show up in my list of options in the context menu. Bug or normal behavior ?

This has been the behaviour of eraser as far back as I can remember (long before heidi took over the project). You could always submit a feature request on http://eraser.heidi.ie/trac to get this working.

I think this is the most appropriate place to post this, so I will.

I've finally finished working out the Eraser API and implemented it in AutoIt3, based on the 5.87b1 portable Eraser.dll. I've created a Drop Target front end for it, that is 100% portable and posted it in the development section of PortableApps.com. The DLL itself still creates the "HKCU\Software\Heidi Computers Ltd" registry key, but the target takes care of that. It's posted here -

http://portableapps.com/node/10984

I'm finally very happy with the app. I just made an update today to improve, among other things, the Erasing report window. It's not a replacement for a commandline program, but any AutoIt3 devs should be able to create one easily with the API. Maybe I'll do one some day if I need it. All the source including the API comes with the package.

One more thing, according to Joel, it seems you *might* be able to use an older version of EraserL.exe (ie the 5.84 version before the VC++ requirements) with the 5.87b1 DLL. I have not tested this though, and the function names may have changed since then.

Unlikely, the DLLs have been on a feature freeze ever since. I believe I did compile the DLLs with static runtimes so manifest errors shouldn't be an issue, but you should check first.

Joel

This portable version creates a new template called "Eraser Task Document" whenever you run eraser.exe and it even comes back when you delete it or uncheck it in TweakUI's "Templates" menu.

Right-click on desktop and goto "New" context menu to see it.

5.87-beta2 has been released, so yeah. Go there.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back