Eraser crashes immediately

Uninstall Eraser 6.2, delete the task list (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Eraser 6\Task List.ersx), the registry keys (HKCU\Software\Eraser), and reinstall the last stable, 6.0.7.1893

EraserRocks said:
so far so good hasn't crashed yet tyvm
As it happened, I had the same crash yesterday in the same circumstances, and followed the same procedure, with the same result. It's nice to know that the advice works!

David

shoosh said:
6.0.7.1893, Windows 7

After installing Eraser as admin and checking the "run Eraser" box I get an immediate pop-up: Eraser has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to the problem.

Trying to delete a single file in explorer I get: Eraser cannot connect to the running instance for erasures.

Trying to delete a directory: Same thing.

Any ideas?
This bug has been (finally) fixed in r2263. The next version of Eraser will incorporate the fix.

Joel said:
This bug has been (finally) fixed in r2263. The next version of Eraser will incorporate the fix.
I'm currently testing 6.0.8.2273 (which is close to being the released version of 6.0.8 ). What is clear is that you still get symptoms similar to those described here if you try to install any Eraser 6.0 build over a 6.1 build, without first fully uninstalling Eraser, deleting the Task List file and removing as many residual Eraser-related entries from the Registry as you can find. This is a separate issue from the bug fixed in 2263, but, as the symptoms appear similar, I am posting this to help reduce confusion between the two issues.

David

Back