Missing Text in Eraser 6 User Documentation

petersbj

Reading the User Documentation I found that the end of page 6 under the section on 'Selecting Data to Erase' seems to be missing the description on 'Unused disk space'. .......can you provide a version that has this text or tell me what it should say.

Thanks

You are correct. As I have a login, I have created a Trac ticket for this. That said, "wipe free space on the drive" is pretty much what it says. The mechanism is that Eraser writes randomly named files filled with garbage to the drive until it is full, then deletes these temporary files, so that any file residues that were there previously are overwritten.

David

Thanks for the clarification, I just wanted to be sure that this is the right way to erase those files that that have been 'deleted' but are still somewhere on the disk without affecting the other files that are still in use.

petersbj said:
Thanks for the clarification, I just wanted to be sure that this is the right way to erase those files that that have been 'deleted' but are still somewhere on the disk without affecting the other files that are still in use.
That's exactly what it is.

David

Back